Friday, February 5, 2010

The Wildflower Pincushion




As I was searching the net for a new pincushion to make, I found this Wildflower Pincushion on the BH&G website. I printed out the pattern and made it with the exact pattern pieces as printed. When completed, I set it out for all to see-everyone laughed! It was huge! A small pillow, in fact. I went back to the finished measurements on the pattern and yes-it was the right size! I decided that I would keep it since I am always looking around for my pincushion and I will definitely not loose this one. However, I printed the pattern out in two other sizes-one at 78% and one at 70%. They are both good sizes-the smaller one might be closer to a normal pincushion. The one at 78% was a little easier to sew-the pattern pieces aren't so small. Either way, I would be happy with those two sizes. It is a darling pattern and the busier and brighter the fabric-the better. Hope you enjoy making your "wildflower pincushion."

3 comments:

traci said...

That really is huge. I love it that big. I would use it as a pin cushion, but we could also use it as a doll pillow.

Warm Colors said...

Very pretty. I'm going to try making one. My pincushion is small and with my bad eyes I have a hard time finding it....it sucks getting old.

Tanya said...

Hilarious...cute, but hilariously oversized. I guess if you're tired while sewing you can take a quick nap next to your sewing machine. Just be sure to remove the pins.