Monday, February 15, 2010

My Valentine Table Runner



I was dying to make a table runner and I came across a pattern (that someone had given me a few years ago from Jan Mullen of Stargazey) for "heartz" blocks that are basically "slash and sew" and every block comes out a little different. My sister-in-law, Celeste, introduced me to this type of block piecing a few years ago and this is the first time that I have tried it. It is really fun and I love the look of the heart blocks. This was a project that I just made up as I went, nothing too hard but the results are really fun!

3 comments:

Warm Colors said...

Very cute. Adding the little bit of red really makes the quilt come to life..love it.

traci said...

I love it. I wanted to figure out how to do it too.

Linda said...

I love all your projects, you have a great eye for color and they always turn our so professional!! Thanks for sharing.