Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Little Pouches



These are so cute and I found the tutorial here. I made 7 of them and I think I'll make more.
(I did change the dimensions from the tutorial. I cut my pieces 8" x 7" and I added ribbon for tabs-very easy.) I also used a pretty heavy interfacing to give the pouch some body and sandwiched it in between two pieces of fabric (right sides out) so the inside is as pretty (almost) as the outside. Serging around the edges of each piece before you sew them together will give a more finished touch to the inside of your pouch.

3 comments:

traci said...

Those are so cute. I love all the fabrics you chose. I am glad you made them just as cute on the inside since it's what's on the inside that counts.

Caitlin said...

I love little tote bags and you can seriously never have enough of them. I like the fabrics you chose as well- very summery and fun!

Katherine said...

I love these. I just wanted to know when you added the ribbon tabs? I mad one without, and want to add some on the next few.