Friday, May 29, 2009

Aprons for a wedding gift



My friend told me that she would pay me to make her some aprons for a wedding gift-they were to go with a barbecue set she was giving the couple. I was excited to take her up on her request because I really wanted to try the "Josephine" apron from the book "A is for Apron". It is a darling reversible apron with a tie and casing at the top of the yoke so you can adjust it to fit.Well, the directions were not very clear but after trying to figure it out myself (and many hours of work) the apron was finished. My friend really couldn't afford me for the time I spent on it! I just told her that I did it for love!

The man's apron didn't take long at all-should've done a matching "his and hers" set from the chef's pattern. But after all was said and done, I really loved the look of the "Josephine" apron and I really want to do one for myself. You could say that this project was a real "learning experience."

4 comments:

Danielle said...

I miss the apron hanging downstairs as decor!

Kristina said...

This is beautiful! I want one for me!

dana said...

I found through Amazing Mae and now I can see where Traci gets all her talent!
Those aprons are way too cute.

Tami (Pixeltrash) said...

They are so, so cute. What a great wedding gift. I'll have to keep that in mind for the wedding I have coming up.