

My daughter had a great camera bag for her Canon SLR (the bag was a Canon Brand). I just loved the shape and the versatility of it but I was interested in jazzing the bag up with some great looking fabric so I set out to create my own version of the bag. By the way-this bag fits most SLR cameras with normal size lenses-mine's a Nikon.
So far I have made 4 bags. When I made the last two camera bags, I refined the pattern and construction method so some of the things that really bugged me construction-wise were solved by my new method!
I do have a pattern but not a tutorial-yet. I might work on the tutorial soon-some of the steps are on the difficult side-especially trying to get the zipper to fit in the lid and not get stuck with those sharp little pins! My daughter posted her bag on her Amazing Mae Blog.
It is a great little bag-fits right over your hip and is great for anyone on the go. I toted my camera around Europe and it was really handy!

2 comments:
This is too funny. I was just reading your daughters blog about her camera bag. I got there from a random craft blog I was reading about making bags. Then, I was reading about quilting and stumbled upon your blog from The Polka Dot Chair, and there was your post about the same camera bag. What are the odds?
I love my bag!!! Thank you momma!
Post a Comment