Saturday, August 1, 2009

Another Diaper Bag






I made a diaper bag for my niece who is having twin girls. The pattern I used came from the book:
Amy Butler's
Little Stitches for Little Ones: 20 Keepsake Sewing Projects for Baby and Mom
by Amy Butler, Colin McGuire

I love the pattern except for one thing-it was a bear to make because of the center divider and how the instructions have you make it. It is so awkward to finish the bag with the divider in the way. I used a lot of muscle! Anyway, I would make it again but I would make the center divider separately and stitch it in by hand. The size and the pockets are really great and it would sew up pretty fast if you take my advice about the divider!

4 comments:

Jess said...

I love that Amy Butler book, it has some great stuff in it. Your bag turned out fab! Great blog, lots of ideas thanks!

traci said...

It is gorgeous. I am glad you made it through the hard parts because it looks amazing. Lucky Jill.

Unknown said...

I just found your site while meandering, and you have some wonderful items on here. I love that nappy bag, and am waiting for my Amy Butler book - I agree with you, it has some beautiful items in it. I can't wait for it to get here.

Tanya said...

I love the fabric you chose for this bag. Very nice job, mom!